Lucas County Children Services encourages its employees to continuously seek out professional development opportunities, and to become involved in influencing the advancement of child welfare practice. We also support the scholarly study of child protection.
There are many accredited sources of accurate information about child protection of interest to child welfare professionals.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation Kids Count Data Center
- HHS Child Welfare Information Gateway
- National Association of Social Workers Ohio Chapter
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC)
- Northwest Ohio Regional Training Center
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Office of Children and Families
- Public Children Services Association of Ohio
- The Urban Institute