Kinnect to Family Specialist
Social Services Division
Lucas County Children Services (Toledo, OH) is accepting applications for the Kinnect to Family Specialist position. Accountabilities for the position requires knowledge of Child Welfare practices and policies. Assist in meeting the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act (2008) 30-day standard of notifying a child’s adult relatives of their option to participate in the care and placement of the child. Frequent travel throughout the Ohio Counties you are placed within.
Candidates must possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Social Work, drug and alcohol education, counseling, psychology, or criminal justice required.
- Demonstrated experience working with interdisciplinary teams utilizing innovative strategies to overcome obstacles preferred. Direct experience in general casework, foster care, and adoption preferred. Ability to adapt and work a flexible schedule. Excellent written and verbal communication and strong organization skills, with superior time management.
- Familiarity and Comfort with technology including a superior knowledge of internet search tools. Able to be creative with thoughts and requires an exceptional thought process. Team facilitation including conflict resolution and negotiation. Ability and comfort working with diverse populations in various environments.
- Work independently exercising keen assessment skills.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable automobile required. Personal cell phone for work use required. Personal computer skills required.
- Able to work effectively in cross cultural situations required.
LCCS offers an excellent salary and benefit package.
Starting Pay: $24.40 per hour / 35 hours per week
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse work force.