Supervisor Casework Training
Lucas County Children Services (Toledo, OH) is accepting applications for a Supervisor – Casework Training position.
Provides and ensures that new caseworkers obtain comprehensive, theory and skill-based, culturally competent training in child protection. Using a variety of methods and curricula, orients and trains new caseworkers on theory, mission, values, ethics, responsibilities, and agency policies, expectations, and procedures. Imparts a positive view of the agency’s practice model when working with families which involves strengths based, family centered, child focused and trauma informed service delivery. Ensures that new staff members are equipped to address a diverse client population by utilizing best practice standards and focusing on what can realistically be accomplished within individual family systems. Analyzes, in conjunction with other Training and Development staff, agency training needs as they relate to incoming training units and participates in the delivery of programming/trainings/initiatives that address those needs. Provides assistance and consultation to agency managers and Training and Development staff as appropriate. Assists with long range plans to meet agency training and services goals.
- Requires Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field and three (3) years’ experience in child welfare/child protective services with supervisory experience preferred (LCCS supervisory experience preferred) OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and five (5) years’ experience in direct child welfare/child protection services with supervisory experience preferred (LCCS supervisory experience preferred). Experience in curriculum design, training, or employee development preferred.
- Requires experience in LCCS Family Services and/or Assessments casework; Good organizational skills and effective communication skills required.
- Demonstrated commitment to agency philosophy and standards of good service is essential. Demonstrated ability to model effective interactions and communications skills in multi-cultural situations required.
- Must possess the ability to utilize computer technology to access information and produce reports.
- Social work license preferred.
- Knowledge of the following helpful: Adult learning strategies; Management/Supervisory skills; Labor/Management Relations; Public/Human Relations; Government Structure.
Pay Range: $58,349.20 – $87,505.60 /35 hours per week
Interested candidates should visit our agency website to apply at https://lucaskids.net/lccs-job-openings/. We offer an excellent salary and benefit package.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse work force.