Data Management Specialist
Administrative Services Division
Responsible for data entry of various forms of data utilizing a variety of software applications; updating, researching, verifying, and retrieving data from various systems; and ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded. Taking information from various formats and entering it into an electronic data system for storage and analysis. Collaboration with staff from various agency departments in order to effectively and efficiently input information into the Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System, as well as other ancillary systems as required.
- Utilizes multiple computer software applications to perform data entry tasks according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Verifies source documents for accuracy and completeness prior to entry, correcting or gathering missing data where necessary.
- Verifies accuracy of data entry after input, using source documents, output reports or other means, according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts clearing of cases from public (i.e., schools, hospitals, etc.).
- Logs receipt and entry of source documents, maintains batch controls.
Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor. Acts as back-up to other agency clerical staff.
Accurate and timely work to meet department needs. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to follow detailed instructions with accuracy. Ability to maintain confidentiality. May work variable hours. Ability to comprehend broad agency perspectives in order to better understand system functions and their impact. Ability to work in a team environment.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Demonstrated ability to perform data entry. One year data entry experience required. Demonstrated competency in proofreading and Microsoft Word. Demonstrated aptitude for detail. Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work environment required.
Starting Pay: $18.93 per hour
Hours Per Week: 35
EOE Valuing Diversity