Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager
Division of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion,
and Strategy (DEIS)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Manager will provide professional program support for advancing the agency’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) plan. Assists the Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Strategy (DEIS) with the development, implementation, and strategic direction of related, proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Cultivates relationships and builds collaboration between staff, stakeholders, and community partners; to work toward keeping children safe and reducing the need for child welfare involvement.
Plans and manages the process of collecting and analyzing data to provide information useful to support and enhance DEI initiatives, as well as agency compliance with state and federal laws. Works with leadership to understand internal and external policy needs and makes recommendations for change or development. Oversees development of surveys and other methods to obtain and develop data metrics and methods to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness and outcomes of DEI initiatives. Must be able to conceptualize and engage in conversations that are uncomfortable and complex relative to DEI concepts.
- Master’s degree preferred in social justice, sociology, social anthropology, public administration, human resources management, or other social services-related field;
- Or bachelor’s degree in social justice, sociology, social anthropology, public administration, human resources management, or other social services related field and three (3) years of work in diversity, equity and inclusion or related experience required.
- Three years of managerial experience required.
- Experience in public child welfare and strong familiarity with local social services agencies preferred.
- Requires knowledgeable of federal and state laws covering diversity, equity, and inclusion (civil rights, equal employment opportunity, and other related compliance regulations). Experience in investigating complaints and facilitating conflict resolution through counsel, coaching and mediation.
Salary Range: $62,389.60 to $93,584.40