Racial, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Strategy (DEIS)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible to assist the Division of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Strategy (DEIS) in effecting organizational change by leading projects, implementing initiatives, and growing the agency’s social change practices. Improves existing organizational capacities and provides a consultative racial and equity lens to client-based practices. Facilitates creative and inclusive experiences and grows the agency’s organizational capacity to do action-based work that reduce inequity and disparity related to race, color, religion, sex, and gender identity. Executes project management initiatives. Must be able to conceptualize and engage in conversations that are uncomfortable and complex relative to DEI concepts. To work toward keeping children safe and reducing the need for child welfare involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership, Organizational Change, Criminal Justice, Non-Profit Management, Social Work, Human Resources, Human Services, or a related field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated managerial responsibility dealing with equity-focused programs and initiatives
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership, Organizational Change, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Human Resources, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- Experience in leading organizational change efforts in a social system setting.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws covering diversity, equity, and inclusion (civil rights, equal employment opportunity, and other related compliance regulations). Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to model effective interactions and communication skills in cross-cultural situations required. Working knowledge of the diversity/cultural competency field and lived bicultural experience preferred.
Salary Range: $54,272.40 to $81,426.80