Supervisor - Assessments
Lucas County Children Services (Toledo, OH) is accepting applications for a Supervisor – Assessments position.
To oversee and manage a unit of caseworkers, ensuring that appropriate and timely investigations into allegations of child abuse, neglect, and dependency are conducted and that child safety is assessed. To ensure that the unit’s casework practice is reflective of critical Agency philosophies and responsibilities concerning, but not limited to, confidentiality, professionalism, cultural competency, family-centered, neighborhood-based (FCNB) services, child safety, social work ethics, family integrity, and timely permanency for children. To ensure that Agency policies and collective bargaining agreement provisions are understood and followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field with five (5) years of Casework 3 experience; or a Master’s degree in Social Work or related field and three years’ experience in protective services with previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the following is helpful: Governmental Structure; Public/Human Relations; Labor/Management Relations; management/supervisory techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to model effective interactions and communication skills in cross-cultural situations required. Must possess the ability to utilize computer technology to access information and produce reports.
- Residential or other personal telephone required.
- Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable automobile required.
Pay Range: $58,349.20 – $87,505.60 /35 hours per week
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse work force.
705 Adams St., Toledo, OH 43604
Switchboard is answered 24/7
Phone: (419) 213-3200
Fax: (419) 327-3291
Monday – Friday:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm