Human Resources Specialist
To provide entry level generalist support in all areas of Human Resources. Assist and support the Human Resource functions including but not limited to, assisting with interviewing, tracking applicant recruitment and screening, helping with reference and background checks, performing clerical tasks such as drafting letters and responses, answering telephone calls and emails, and scheduling appointments. Responsible for maintaining personnel records both electronic and paper, keeping track of and filing confidential information such as new hire paperwork, address changes, performance reviews, disciplinary action, and any other personnel documents.
- Assists in screening internal and external applicants to determine if minimum requirements are met and supports the HR Representatives to ensure that the collective bargaining agreement provisions are followed when filling vacancies. Organizes and maintains applicant files. Responsible to schedule, assist in interviewing and applicant testing related to position requirements.
- Coordinates as requested by HR Reps in processing applicants: Distributing interview and testing schedules and make room reservations; contact applicants to schedule interviews and sends confirmation letters and application packets; provides interview packets to supervisors. Completes and sends reference checks, police checks, fingerprinting and BMV checks; secures clearing and 3rd party checks. Sends status letters to applicants.
- Helps to ensure that agency practices are consistent with, ORC/OAC and FLSA rules and regulations, agency rules and procedures, and with provisions of various collective bargaining agreements.
- May provide support to the HR Assistant with receiving and entering personnel data into computerized systems, filing, and data entries including tracking, monitoring, and maintenance of leave balances, personnel and position changes and all personnel actions.
- Supports the HR Assistant with coordinating all employee benefit activities, including but not limited to the following: Healthcare open enrollment, processing employee changes; responding to questions and inquiries regarding benefit coverage and eligibility rules; provides help with benefit documentation for verification purposes.
- Assists in obtaining information and materials as needed for labor-management, answering grievances and within the collective bargaining process (i.e., preparing proposals and fact-finding).
- Using computerized and manual systems, tracks departmental records and reports for workplace injuries/workers’ compensation claims, EEO statistics for annual Affirmative Action Report, disciplines, grievances, job audits, FMLA, unemployment claims, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, and resignations, exit interviews, casework career ladder applications, etc.
- Supports in the recruitment of temporary employees through outside agencies according to outlined procedures and contracts.
- Assists in maintaining a positive work environment and participates in Agency and HR- related functions, activities, events, and special projects including, but not limited to, employee recognition events, outplacement services, research, United Way campaigns, community events, etc. Assists with reviewing HR policies and procedures and supports the HR Reps with recruitment of qualified staff by assisting with placing classified ads, posting positions with professional organizations, and attending external job fairs and on-campus recruitment events
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Associate degree in Human Resources or business-related program and one (1) year of human resources generalist experience. Experience with labor relations/environment preferred. Ability to operate PC/word processing equipment and software. Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work environment required. Demonstrated ability to model effective interactions and communication skills in cross-cultural situations required.
Salary Range: $33,675.20 – $47,132.80
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children in our community, please apply online at lucaskids.net/lccs-job-openings with salary requirements.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are committed to a diverse work force.