Family Visits Monitor (Part-time) Administrative Services Division
Lucas County Children Services (Toledo, Ohio) is seeking a Family Visits Monitor Part-time for their Administrative Services Division.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: To oversee child visits, including virtual visits, and visitation areas and provide for the physical needs of the children while in the visitation setting. To keep appropriate records regarding visits. To provide assistance in unit functions.
- Oversees visitation areas by adhering to the following standards:
- Ensures that visitation and waiting areas are cleared of trash or articles that could cause injury to children. Ensures that visitation areas are stocked with adequate supplies of safe, age-appropriate toys
- Assists parents/caregivers/drivers in signing the register upon arrival and departure of each visit and forwards to the caseworker.
- Models appropriate child discipline techniques. Encourages structured activities between parents and children to enhance reunification efforts.
- Intercedes in instances of inappropriate behavior of children or parents/clients. Reports any deviant behavior, child neglect, or abuse to proper person(s).
- When needed, accompanies child to LCCS medical clinic and notifies the caseworker that medical attention was needed.
- Attends to the well-being and hygiene needs of children, including diaper changing.
Performs clerical and recordkeeping activities, to include: Logs daily count of children admitted to the visitation area; keeps and submits mileage reports as required; assists with unit phone reception; checks and responds to electronic mail messages. Shares all needed appropriate information with other staff, using written or verbal communication.
Drives to/from community visitation sites. Serves as backup driver for the transportation unit as needed: Transports passengers by driving Agency or own vehicle to visitations, medical appointments, court appointments, special events, etc. Follows procedures as outlined in Agency driver’s manual, including exercising safe driving habits and using safety restraints properly for all vehicle occupants. Ensures that Agency or own vehicle is safe, reliable and clean.
Attends trainings, unit meetings, and other Agency meetings. May participate on Agency committees.
Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS: Ability to establish a comforting rapport with children experiencing life in a substitute care setting. Ability to apply appropriate discipline and re-direction to counteract inappropriate child behavior. Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with caseworkers, caretakers, family members, and other Agency staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least twenty one (21) years of age. Valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable automobile required. Must maintain First Aid, CPR, APNEA monitor, and defensive driving certifications. Physical exam will be required after job offer is made to ensure ability to lift 45 lbs. Ability to work a variable schedule as needed, including evenings and weekends. Residential or other personal telephone required. Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work environment required.
Starting Pay: $15.23 per hour
Hours Per Week: 21 (Tuesday-Friday 3pm to 7pm/Saturday between 8 am and 4 pm)
EOE Valuing Diversity